Monday, January 10, 2011

The Suprise

After opening gifts with Ryan's family, there still was one "big" present left by the door.  It had been covered by quilts, but I didn't really think it could be for me!  Bill said the note read it was for me.
 I proceeded to the large gift and read the note.  It said:

"Dear Amanda, 
Someone told me you were a very good girl this year.
Santa"

Ryan helped me remove the quilts and what did I find underneath?
 A crib and a cradle that matched perfectly!  Ryan proceeded to tell me that he did not make the crib, but he made the cradle.  I was so impressed!  It was beautiful!  He had stayed after work most days and worked on it for just a little at a time.  He even had a change of clothes there so he wouldn't get his good ones dirty!  
 It rocks wonderfully and it matches the crib exactly, even though they are two different types of wood.  All of our children to come will be able to sleep in this wonderfully hand-crafted cradle made by their Daddy!  
 Now we are set for Baby Cox who will soon be due!

No comments:

Post a Comment