Saturday, October 5, 2013

Peter and Frances Cartwright Gravesite

I happened to be taking a nap on a car trip home when I awoke to us driving through a cemetery.  Later I found out it was the Pleasant Plains Cemetery in Pleasant Plains, IL. Ryan wouldn't tell me why we were there, but he had on his sheepish grin so I knew he had something exciting up his sleeve- but in a cemetery I was at a loss as to what it would be.

I finally saw the sign- Rev. Peter Cartwright Gravesite.  I was so excited!  To understand why, go here to our family's website and see the history that is part of our families homestead.

Peter and Frances Cartwright 
Peter

Frances


The top of the headstone

In Honor of his service in The War of 1812

It is the tall headstone

So cool to connect the dots of history!

1 comment: